Indigenous Community Members
Learn How to File Taxes and Talk About Benefits
3 Day Event Hosted by AKRC & AFOA Canada
AFOA Canada will train you to complete tax returns and to talk about the benefits people are able to access. We will come to AKRC to host a 3-day event to help training participants through the process and get you ready to host a free tax clinic for your community members next tax season.
AFOA Canada will come to AKRC at no cost to provide the 3-day training!
We will also host an online webinar on how to host a tax clinic at no cost!
You will learn how to:
- Complete simple and complex taxes
- File taxes by paper and online
- Talk to community members about benefits they can access
- Volunteer as a part of a team that will host a clinic next tax season
- Day 1 & Day 2 will cover how to file taxes (9am-4pm)
- Day 3 will cover how to talk about benefits & credits geared toward low-income community members (9am-4pm)
Contact Info: Darlene Paypompee, Economic Development Advisor
Phone: (807) 226-4445 ext. 223
Hosting Time & Date:
AKRC Main Office, 505 Kavanaugh Road, Hwy 71, Animakee Wa Zhing #37 First Nation
January 14 – 15 -16, 2020- 9am till 4pm
Lunch & Refreshments will be served to Participants.
(Priority will be for AKRC Member Communities)
PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL TO REGISTER IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE.