Reporting to the Child Care Supervisor, the Child-In-Care Worker is responsible for the safety and health of the children and families living within the first nation.
1. Follows up on referrals concerning the needs of children and families living on the First Nations;
2. Ensures the safety of all children including arranging for out of home placement for children in need of protection;
3. Prepares service plans for all children and families requiring support services;
4. Ensures all cases are documented in accordance with Ministry of Community and Social Service Standards as well as court proceedings;
5. Provides and designs community prevention programs;
6. Provides and coordinates support groups for adolescents, children, single parents, etc;
7. Ensure child and family services delivered to the First Nation are culturally appropriate and consistent with the policies of Big Grassy First nation
8. Rotational On-Call is a requirement.
– Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field and 2 Yrs Exp. in the provision of Child Welfare services OR; Asset but not Mandatory. Training will be made available.
Community College Diploma in Social Work or related field and six years’ experience in the provision of Child Welfare Services; Asset but not Mandatory. Training will be made available.
– Knowledge of the Ontario Child and Family Services Act;
– Knowledge of Ontario’s Risk Assessment Model;
– Knowledge of community services, customs and traditions;
– Valid Driver’s License, Drivers Abstract and access to own vehicle;
Salary: Commensurate with experience. PFT 3-month probationary period.
This position is full time with a 3-month probationary period.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline is Friday, December 7th 2018, 12:00 noon.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Paul Duguay – Human Resource Officer or drop off at: Big Grassy Band Office
Big Grassy River First Nation 410 Anishinabe Way
P.O. Box 414 Big Grassy River F.N.
Morson, Ontario P0W 1J0
Fax – 807-488-5533 Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.