Community Energy Liaison
The Community Energy Liaison is responsible for completing walk-through energy assessments,
developing recommendations for the use of energy efficient equipment and products, and creating
awareness of and encouraging participation in rebate programs and energy efficiency programs. They will
also be responsible for responding to general member inquiries regarding utility services and for directing
members to the appropriate resources at local utility service companies.
The successful candidate will be provided with energy conservation training that will provide them with
the knowledge to monitor the community’s energy baseline. The Energy Liaison will review utility bills for
community buildings, as well as analyze changes in energy consumption and cost from implementing any
new energy-saving measures (such as LED lighting, etc.).
- Deliver high quality and professional services to the First Nation’s utility customers.
- Initiate Community Energy Plan recommendations on energy efficiency or retrofitting programs.
This could be preliminary applications for funding or applying to existing programs.
- Complete walk-through energy audits of community and residential buildings.
- Install and recommend energy saving devices including energy efficient lighting, hot water saving
devices, and programmable thermostats. Provide follow-up services of these visits.
- Initiate conversations with members regarding energy usage and conservation.
- Attend training seminars, workshops, and online courses. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of
funding opportunities for the community, utility rates, and renewable energy opportunities.
- Clearly explain energy audit findings to building owners, including deficiencies that can be
addressed immediately, along with reviewing utility bills for any discrepancies and suggesting
energy efficiency rebates.
- Respond to general utility customer service inquiries and explain other energy rebate offerings
and services to customers during home visits (Smart-meter, large appliance recycling, lighting
rebate programs, on-bill financing, etc.) This could include showing members short videos on
utility company websites or helping them go through their utility accounts online.
- Prepare marketing materials such as flyers, brochures, and rebate forms.
- Actively identify and recommend ways to improve program operations and delivery.
- Accurately maintain and complete all necessary paperwork, records and documents, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Specific Qualifications for the Community Energy Liaison
- A strong background in customer service
- Willingness to engage all community members
- A background in energy, infrastructure, or similar is preferred
- Training opportunities will be provided through workshops, online courses, etc.
This position is full time with a 3-month probationary period. POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline is Friday, July 26th 2019, 12:00 noon. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Paul Duguay – Human Resource Officer or drop off at: Big Grassy Band Office
Big Grassy River First Nation 410 Anishinabe Way
P.O. Box 414 Big Grassy River F.N.
Morson, Ontario P0W 1J0
Fax – 807-488-5533 Preferred Emailemail@example.com
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.