EXTERNAL POSTING – Family Well Being Worker
The Big Grassy First Nation is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Family Well Being Worker
Key duties and Responsibilities under the direction of the Esiniiwab Health Centre:
- delivering community based programming to assist with the goal of improving the overall health and wellness of the community.
- connect families to the most appropriate resource/program based on the individual needs of the family.
- design and delivery of community based programming and safe places where children, youth and families can access and receive culturally-based programming
- guide and mentor individuals to access and navigate the government and community services that help address barriers to improving their quality of life
- be a trusted and vital link between community members and other government and community services.
- Be a knowledgeable source of information on community programs and services and knowledge of regional health and service organizations which can support individuals/families.
- Seek to remove barriers for residents by working collaboratively across all disciplines and services.
- Build relationships with residents to enhance individual and family wellness.
- Identify gaps in services to recognize areas of services/programs needed for improvement or creation within the community
- Ensure the centralized information system of current organization/services is kept up to date.
- Track and report on evaluation outcomes.
- Work as part of a team.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Working Experience
- Supervisory background
- Ability to contribute to the development and implementation of a strategic work plan with time frames and deliverables.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with families, individuals and community service providers and regional service organizations.
- Excellent organizational and facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills and able to present facts effectively in oral and written form.
- Competence with appropriate computer based applications to manage information.
- Able to work flexible hours, evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Related work experience and/or post secondary training is required.
- Ability to provide successful criminal record check, with vulnerable sector check.
- Drivers license and access to a vehicle.
- Confidentiality and Code of Ethic adherence.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and references to the attention of Band Manager, Mrs. Lynne Gavin. A full job description is available upon request.
Fax, email or deliver personally to:
Mrs. Lynne Gavin Band Manager
Box 414, 410 Anishinabe Way
(FAX) 1-807-488-5533 / Email: email@example.com / Phone: (807) 488-5614
Deadline for Applications is December 22, 2017 (4:30 p.m.)
Only those selected for interview will be notified