EXTERNAL POSTING – Healthy Lifestyles Worker
The Big Grassy First Nation is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Healthy Lifestyles Worker
Key duties and Responsibilities under the direction of the Esiniiwab Health Centre:
• delivering community based programming to assist with the goal of improving the overall health and wellness of the community.
• To ensure community awareness in mental health, wellness and healthy lifestyles by submitting articles to the Big Grassy website addressing mental health and parenting skills.
• Participate fully with health team to develop community strategies addressing mental health issues.
• Providing referrals to mental health workers.
• Provide regular recreational, social and cultural activities (especially for youth) to promote community mental health.
• To contribute to health team activities and events: provide input in planning and organizing community health team events, assist in providing workshops and cultural events as a member of the health team, participate in annual gathering (Pow Wow) organization and implementation.
Education and Working Experience
demonstrated computer competence and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Publisher
previous experience working with youth in health or related field.
Grade 12 or equivalent
a demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team, understanding and adhering to roles and responsibilities within the First Nation organization
ability to speak Ojibway is an asset
must provide current criminal reference check;
must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel as needed
This position is full time with a 3-month probationary period.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and references by fax, email or hand deliver personally to the attention of:
Mrs. Lynne Gavin Band Manger
Box 414, 410 Anishinabe Way
(FAX) 1-807-488-5533 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Phone: (807) 488-5614
Deadline for Applications is Dec 22, 2017 (4:30 p.m.)
Only those selected for interview will be notified
A full job description is available upon request