Reporting to the Child Care Supervisor, the Program Secretary is responsible for administrative and secretarial support to the Family Services Committee/Team. Full job description available at the Band Office.
- General Secretarial Duties
- Secretarial Support to the Family Services Committee
- Data Processing
- Other Duties, as required
- A minimum of 2 years experience in operating a micro-computer or word-processor in an office setting;
- A minimum of 2 years experience in recording committee minutes and preparing correspondence and reports;
- A minimum of 2 years experience in general office administration and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a file system for program documents;
- Demonstrated knowledge of English spelling, grammar, and composition;
- Knowledge of social and political framework of First Nations
- Knowledge of services available in First Nations communities and external institutions that impact on First Nations members
- Ability to speak Ojibway is an asset
- Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Weechi-it-te-win Family Services, the communities and family structure, as well as the customs and traditions of the community
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12) and specialized course work in general business practices, secretarial writing, typing and word processing
This position is full time with a 3-month probationary period. POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline is Friday, March 14 2018, 4:30 pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Lynne Gavin – Band Manager or drop off at: Big Grassy Band Office
Big Grassy River First Nation 410 Anishinabe Way
P.O. Box 414 Big Grassy River F.N.
Morson, Ontario P0W 1J0
Fax – 807-488-5533
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.