INTERNAL POSTING – Big Grassy Community Care Program Supervisor
The Big Grassy First Nation is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Community Care Program Supervisor
Key duties and Responsibilities under the direction of Big Grassy First Nation Chief and Council
- Ensures that services are delivered in accordance with all applicable Ministry, Agency and First Nation Policies and standards
- Works with the First Nation to ensure that policies are in place to ensure secure storage and confidentiality of client files
- Ensures that monthly community-based case reviews are conducted are documented in accordance with established guidelines
- In collaboration with the Program Supervisor, ensure that all required case management documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner and placed in the appropriated file(s)
- In Collaboration with the Band Manager and the Program Supervisor, ensures that all monthly program and financial reports are submitted by the First Nations to Weechi-it-te-win in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensures that joint quarterly file audits of child protection, community care program files and family counselling program files are conducted by the Agency and the First Nation in accordance with the provision of the consolidate Service Agreement between Weechi-it-te-win and the First Nation
- In collaboration with the appropriate community supervisor, ensures that the First Nation teams are fully prepared for annual crown ward/child welfare and foster care license reviews and any other audits that may be undertaken by the Ministry and that all required follow up work resulting from these reviews is completed within the required time frames
- Monitors overall compliance with terms and condition of the Consolidate Service Agreement between Weechi-it-te-win and the First Nation and arranges periodic review of the Agreement as required
- Provides consultation and functional supervision to First Nation Supervisors and team members as required to ensure adequate coordination of alternative care service functions, including:
- Working with Big Grassy team to ensure that an up-to-date list of available caregiver homes in maintained and is made available to the First Nation Team
- New worker training modules
- Penlieu Information System
- Administrative and financial requirements
- Serious occurrences reporting requirements
- Child Death reporting requirements
- Parenting Practices
- Aboriginal caregiver training
- Clinical assessment and counselling skills
- Case management practices
- Culturally Competent service deliver
- Customary care practice
- Licensing requirements
Other duties will include providing on-call services as part of a rotating schedule as required and performing other duties as may be required from time to time.
Education and Working Experience
- 2 years of experiences in the management of services for children and heir families or a comparable human service program
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act.
- Ability to contribute to the development and implementation of a strategic work plan with time frames and deliverables.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with families, individuals and community service providers and regional service organizations.
- Excellent organizational and facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills and able to present facts effectively in oral and written form.
- Competence with appropriate computer based applications to manage information.
- Able to work flexible hours, evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Related work experience and/or post secondary training is required.
- Ability to provide successful criminal record check, with vulnerable sector check.
- Drivers license and access to a vehicle
- Confidentiality and Code of Ethic adherence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak Ojibway is preferred.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and references to the attention of Band Manager, Mrs. Lynne Gavin. A full job description is available upon request.
Fax, email or deliver personally to:
Mrs. Lynne Gavin Band Manager
Box 414, 410 Anishinabe Way
(FAX) 1-807-488-5533 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: (807) 488-5614
Deadline for Applications is December 22, 2017 (4:30 p.m.)
Only those selected for interview will be notified