Reporting to the Health Director, the Health Secretary is responsible for administrative and secretarial support to the Health Centre. Full job description available at the Band Office.
1. General Secretarial Duties
2. Secretarial Support to the Health Centre
3. Data Processing
4. Booking Appointments
5. Other Duties, as required
1. A minimum of 2 years experience in operating a micro-computer or word-processor in an office setting;
2. A minimum of 2 years experience in recording committee minutes and preparing correspondence and reports;
3. A minimum of 2 years experience in general office administration and procedures;
4. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a file system for program documents;
5. Demonstrated knowledge of English spelling, grammar, and composition;
6. Knowledge of social and political framework of First Nations
7. Knowledge of services available in First Nations communities and external institutions that impact on First Nations members
8. Ability to speak Ojibway is an asset
9. Knowledge of the community as well as the customs and traditions of the community
1. Ontario Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12) and specialized course work in general business practices, secretarial writing, typing and word processing
This position is full time with a 3-month probationary period. POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline is Friday, May 25, 12:00 noon. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Lynne Gavin – Band Manager or drop off at: Big Grassy Band Office
Big Grassy River First Nation 410 Anishinabe Way
P.O. Box 414 Big Grassy River F.N.
Morson, Ontario P0W 1J0
Fax – 807-488-5533
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.