BIG GRASSY FIRST NATION -HEALTH DIRECTOR-ESINIIWAB HEALTH CENTER
The Health Director is a full-time managerial position directly accountable and reporting to the Band Manager. Responsibilities include, in part, providing day to day supervision of Health Staff members, developing program work plans in concert with health team members, generating budgets consistent with funding upset limits and compliance measures, approving program expenditures in accordance with various program generated cash flows and ensuring timely submission of required reporting to various funding agencies and vetted through the Band Manager.
1. Supervision of all members of the Health Team
2. Ensuring the efficacy and integrity of Health Programs to include work plans, budgets and reporting activities.
3. Liaise the community in keeping with the leadership’s principles of accountability and transparency, area First Nations health services providers, and external funding agencies to ensure effective community health programs.
4. To initiate and develop community initiatives to address community health and wellness needs.
5. Guide the implementation of programs/services in a manner consistent with Big Grassy traditions, customs and values.
1. Bachelor’s degree in health disciplines or related field or demonstrated equivalent life and work experience as a pre-qualification for consideration by the interview committee.
2. Computer literacy at minimum: Micro-Soft Word, Excel, Power-Point.
3. A functional knowledge of email, and other media applications.
4. A demonstrated aptitude and skills in organizational dynamics, planning and interpersonal communications.
5. A demonstrated competency in file management, record keeping and report writing.
Willingness to participate in training sessions, workshops pertaining to demands of the position.
SECONDARY REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
• Ability to speak Ojibway will be considered a definite asset.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed.
• Willingness to participate in training relevant to this position.
SALARY: To commensurate with experience and qualifications
Closing Date: Friday June 09, 2017 at 4:30 p.m
Late applications will not be accepted
Only potential candidates will be notified for an interview.
SUBMIT Resume/Covering letter and Credentials TO: Mr. Gary Tuesday/Acting BandMgr.
Big Grassy River First Nation
Morson, ON P0W 1J0
(FAX AND EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ARE ACCEPTABLE)
Full Job Description is available upon request