FULL TIME MEDICAL DRIVER
Reporting to the Health Director, the Medical Driver is responsible to Provide the transportation of patients/clients to and from hospitals, convalescent facilities, dialysis centers, rehabilitation centers, medical offices and their private residences in a safe, secure and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibility
- Transporting patients and clients utilizing company vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
- Effective communicates with dispatch regarding schedule progress and to receive instructions.
- Maintain a professional image and attitude in regards to clients, visitors and co‐workers.
- Complete daily vehicle pre‐trip and post trip inspections, and maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Assist clients and patients as needed to safely complete the transfer.
- Must understand instructions in English (both written and spoken).
- Must be able to accurately complete activity logs vehicle reports.
- Must be able to understand and operate GPS devices, two-way radios, and cell phones.
- Perform all duties as assigned by the Health Director.
- Must be physically able to step up and down steps, safely secure clients for transport, lift up to 50 lbs, and transport wheelchair patients on paved and unpaved surfaces.
1. Must comprehend, and comply with, the All Points Assisted Transportation Employee Handbook, Driver Manual, and Driver Training outline.
2.Exceed minimum age requirement of 21 years.
3.Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license, and provide a current driver’s abstract.
4.No more than 1 moving violation or 1 “at fault” accident within the past 3 years.
5.Must provide a Vulnerable sectors check.
6.CPR and First Aid certification.
This position is full time with a 3-month probationary period. POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline is Friday, March 14 2018, 4:30 pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Lynne Gavin – Band Manager or drop off at: Big Grassy Band Office
Big Grassy River First Nation 410 Anishinabe Way
P.O. Box 414 Big Grassy River F.N.
Morson, Ontario P0W 1J0
Fax – 807-488-5533
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.