INTERNAL POSTING – ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
(INTERIM POSITION TO JANUARY 06, 2019)
The Big Grassy First Nation is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Economic Development Position at Big Grassy for an Interim Term to January o6, 2019.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains relationships and engages in joint projects or initiatives with other organizations engaged in the economic development
• Preparing concept presentations to Chief and Council from time to time to support local ventures.
• Builds relationships with First Nations businesses
• Manages all aspects of First Nation sponsored initiatives for Economic Development projects including finalizing work plans, training Plans, sourcing of funds and use of funds, preparing documents such as BCR’s for Chief and Council approval of projects.
Education and Working Experience
• A Post-Secondary Diploma in business administration or commerce, would be ideal.
• Equivalent experience amounting to 3 years of experience in a business environment
• Comprehensive computer software knowledge including word processing, spreadsheet, power point presentations, and outlook email.
• The Economic Development Officer will report directly to the Band Manager.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and references to the attention of Acting Band Manager, Mr. Gary Tuesday. A full job description is available upon request.
Fax, email or deliver personally to:
Mr. Gary Tuesday, Acting Band Manager
Box 414, 410 Anishinabe Way
(FAX) 1-807-488-5533 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: (807) 488-5614
Deadline for Applications is June 09, 2017 (4:30 p.m.)
Only those selected for interview will be notified