Big Grassy First Nation requires a Human Resources Officer who, under the direction of the Band Manager, will primarily be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating the human resources department. The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for overseeing personnel management, including wage increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies. This position will also determine staffing requirements and oversee the recruitment process.
Big Grassy First Nation offers competitive salary packages and incredible work environment.
Qualified applicants should contact Big Grassy First Nation at:
- Analytical Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the human resources department.
- Oversee personnel management, and disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies.
- Determine staffing requirements and oversee the recruitment process.
- Approve vacation requests and monitor employee scheduling to maintain appropriate coverage.
- Administer progressive disciplinary action in accordance with established procedures.
- Plan human resources requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers.
- Determine areas of improvement for employees, providing additional training as needed.
- Conduct workplace investigations, and resolve any conflicts that arise among staff in the department.
- Ensure employees adhere to all health and safety regulations, including company policies.
- Ensure employees have clear goals and are aware of expectations.
- Ensure that all employees comply with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards.
- Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns, work refusals, and investigations.
- Provide leadership and coaching to managers and employees on key workplace matters such as performance management, difficult conversations, employee relations, and employee development.
- Monitor assigned payroll activities and program components for the purpose of ensuring effective department functioning, coordinating activities, and compliance with established financial, legal, and administrative requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. PFT 6-month probationary period.
This position is full time with a 6-month probationary period. POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY! DUE DATE FOR RESUME AUGUST 14th 2020 Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Paul Duguay – Human Resource Officer or drop off at: Big Grassy Band Office
Big Grassy River First Nation 410 Anishinabe Way
P.O. Box 414 Big Grassy River F.N.
Morson, Ontario P0W 1J0
Fax – 807-488-5533 Emailemail@example.com
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.