Big Grassy First Nation requires a conscientious, motivated and career-minded School Principal to be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the educational facility; ensuring that School policies, regulations and procedures are observed and that all students are supervised in a safe and welcoming learning environment. He or she will work with all school staff to provide leadership regarding the school’s curricula, financial and procedural administration, scheduling, extracurricular activities, emergency operations, facilities management and the management of conduct and discipline. The Principal will also serve as a role model and assist staff and students with achieving an optimal educational experience. Other duties will be assigned as required.
Big Grassy First Nation offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Valid teaching certificate.
- Bachelor of Education, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10 years of educational administration experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, public relations and team work skills.
- Initiative to set priorities and identify plans of action.
- Ability to work effectively with school personnel, parents, students, and community members.
- Aware of and able to appropriately interpret all applicable Laws and regulations for education, policies and practices.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity showing respect to staff, parents and members of the public.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, organization, written and public relations skills.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Culturally and politically sensitive.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
This position is full time with a 6-month probationary period. POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY! DUE DATE FOR RESUME October 3rd 2020
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Yvonne Adams – Human Resource Officer or drop off at: Big Grassy Band Office
Big Grassy River First Nation 410 Anishinabe Way
P.O. Box 414 Big Grassy River F.N.
Morson, Ontario P0W 1J0
Fax – 807-488-5533 Preferred Email- email@example.com
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.