Reporting to the Child Care Supervisor, the Child-In-Care Worker is responsible for the safety and health of the children and families living within the first nation.
- Follows up on referrals concerning the needs of children and families living on the First Nations;
- Ensures the safety of all children including arranging for out of home placement for children in need of protection;
- Prepares service plans for all children and families requiring support services;
- Ensures all cases are documented in accordance with Ministry of Community and Social Service Standards as well as court proceedings;
- Provides and designs community prevention programs;
- Provides and coordinates support groups for adolescents, children, single parents, etc;
- Ensure child and family services delivered to the First Nation are culturally appropriate and consistent with the policies of Big Grassy First nation
- Rotational On-Call is a requirement.
* Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field and 2 Yrs Exp. in the provision of Child Welfare services OR; Asset but not Mandatory. Training will be made available.
*Community College Diploma in Social Work or related field and six years’ experience in the provision of Child Welfare Services; Asset but not Mandatory. Training will be made available.
*Knowledge of the Ontario Child and Family Services Act;
*Knowledge of Ontario’s Risk Assessment Model;
*Knowledge of community services, customs and traditions;
*Valid Driver’s License, Drivers Abstract and access to own vehicle;
Salary: Commensurate with experience. PFT 3-month probationary period.
This position is full time with a 3-month probationary period. POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline is Friday, March 22 2019, 12:00 noon. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Paul Duguay – Human Resource Officer or drop off at: Big Grassy Band Office
Big Grassy River First Nation 410 Anishinabe Way
P.O. Box 414 Big Grassy River F.N.
Morson, Ontario P0W 1J0
Fax – 807-488-5533 Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.