Flood Vulnerability Coordinator
The Flood Vulnerability Coordinator is responsible for is to collect information to assess
And quantify historic and potential impacts associated with flooding, based on primary and
- Conducting a flood vulnerability study, involves gathering and compiling all relevant information from the community lands.
- Conduct interviews receiving input from community members to discuss their experiences with flooding impacts.
- Incorporate an exhaustive study of secondary sources to identify significant natural features, historic sites, and the weak and strong points of community infrastructure.
- Oversee communications throughout the course of the project timeline and to coordinate meetings, etc., between the consultant and Big Grassy.
- Work to prioritize flooding impacts and develop mitigation strategies.
* Gr 12 Diploma or GED; Asset but not Mandatory. Training will be made available.
*A great understanding of the area in and around Big Grassy
*Great Communications skills
*Organizations skills a must
*Able to coordinate meetings and present/
Salary: Commensurate with experience. PFT 3-month probationary period.
This position is full time with a 3-month probationary period. POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline is Friday, February 22nd 2019, 12:00 noon. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Paul Duguay – Human Resource Officer or drop off at: Big Grassy Band Office
Big Grassy River First Nation 410 Anishinabe Way
P.O. Box 414 Big Grassy River F.N.
Morson, Ontario P0W 1J0
Fax – 807-488-5533 Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.