Healthy Lifestyles Worker
The Big Grassy First Nation is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Healthy Lifestyles Worker
Key Duties and Responsibilities under the direction of the Esiniiwab Health Centre
- delivering community based programming to assist with the goal of improving the overall health and wellness of the community
- To ensure community awareness in mental health, wellness and healthy lifestyles by submitting articles to the Big Grassy website addressing mental health and parenting skills.
- Participate fully with health team to develop community strategies addressing mental health issues.
- Providing referrals to mental health workers.
- Provide regular recreational, social and cultural activities (especially for youth) to promote community mental health.
- To contribute to health team activities and events: provide input in planning and organizing community health team events, assist in providing workshops and cultural events as a member of the health team, participate in annual gathering (Pow-Wow) organization and implementation.
Education and Working Experience
- demonstrated computer competence and working knowledge of Ms Word, Excel, Publisher
- previous experience working with youth in health or related field.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- a demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team, understanding and adhering to roles and responsibilities within the First Nation organization
- ability to speak Ojibway is an asset
- must provide criminal reference check;
- must have a valid drivers license and be willing to travel as needed
- This position is full time with a 3 month probationary period.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and references to the attention of Band Manager-Ms. Lynne Gavin or Human Resources Officer-Paul Duguay. A full job description is available upon request.
Fax, email or deliver personally to:
Mrs. Lynne Gavin-Band Manager
Box 414, 410 Anishinabe Way
Morson, ON P0W 1J0
(Fax) 1-807-488-5533/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com/ Phone (807)488-5614
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS FEBRUARY 8, 2019 @ 4:30 P.M.
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE NOTIFIED