Part Time-Waste Removal Collector
Reporting to the Housing Supervisor, The Band is looking for a individual that would on a part time basis pick up waste from the waste boxes and deliver to the landfill and also bring wood to elders that need assistance.
- Drive collection trucks along routes according to schedules
- Deliver materials to and dump them at the landfill.
- Report incidents, such as injuries, motor vehicle crashes and mechanical failures to vehicles or equipment
- Inform dispatchers of hazardous conditions, motor vehicle crashes and delays in materials collection
- Inspect vehicles and road conditions prior to serving routes
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles, add fuel or oil as needed, and clean truck bodies following use
- Note for customers why garbage not collected.
- Picking up wood a delivering to houses around the community
-Skilled drivers must be able to turn into and drive on narrow streets, back into and lift heavy receptacles and use all mirrors. Depth perception is necessary for the driver to determine how close the vehicle is to an object or person.
- -Valid “G” drivers license
- -be able to lift up to 100lbs
- Be able to be available at a giving notice.
This position is full time with a 3-month probationary period. POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline is Friday February 22nd, 4:00pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Paul Duguay – Human Resource Officer or drop off at: Big Grassy Band Office
Big Grassy River First Nation 410 Anishinabe Way
410 Anishinabe Way Big Grassy First Nation
P.O Box 414
Morson, ON P0w 1J0
Fax – 807-488-5533 Emailemail@example.com
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.