INTERNAL POSTING – BAND MANAGER (IN-TRAINING)
The Big Grassy First Nation is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Band Manager in training at Big Grassy
Key duties and Responsibilities under the direction of the Band Manager:
The Band Manager in training will learn:
- Oversee Management of operations for Big Grassy First Nation
- In conjunction with “Managers”, will strive to ensure that Band operations are conducted within relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate development and implementation of policies, procedures and programs.
- Ensure filing and record keeping systems are established and maintained.
- Be familiar with relevant government financial legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with budget and funding requirements.
- Manage financial operations.
- Oversee the management and supervision of Band Administration staff.
- Band Council Support and Administration.
Education and Working Experience
- Supervisory background
- financial management and generally accepted accounting principles
- program management and delivery
- an understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures including the Indian Act
- an understanding of the northern cultural and political environment
- an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the various Boards/Councils serving the community.
- team leadership and management skills
- financial management skills
- strategic planning skills
- decision making skills
- negotiations skills
- time management skills
- effective verbal and listening communications skills
Please provide a cover letter, resume and references to the attention of Acting Band Manager, Mr. Gary Tuesday. A full job description is available upon request.
Fax, email or deliver personally to:
Mr. Gary Tuesday, Acting Band Manager
Box 414, 410 Anishinabe Way
(FAX) 1-807-488-5533 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: (807) 488-5614
Deadline for Applications is October 30, 2017 (4:30 p.m.)
Only those selected for interview will be notified