Human Resource Officer
Big Grassy First Nation requires a Human Resources Officer who, under the direction of the Band Manager, will primarily be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating the human resources department. The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for overseeing personnel management, including Benefits and Pensions applications and Maintenance, labor disputes, scheduling, creating policies and disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies. This position will also determine staffing requirements and oversee the recruitment process.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be engaged to further the goals of the Big Grassy Council and Administration.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the human resources department.
- Oversee personnel management, and disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies.
- Determine staffing requirements and oversee the recruitment process.
- Administer progressive disciplinary action in accordance with established procedures.
- Plan human resources requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers.
- Determine areas of improvement for employees, providing additional training as needed.
- Conduct workplace investigations, and resolve any conflicts that arise among staff in the department.
- Ensure employees adhere to all health and safety regulations, including company policies.
- Ensure employees have clear goals and are aware of expectations.
- Ensure that all employees comply with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards.
- Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns, work refusals, and investigations.
- Provide leadership and coaching to managers and employees on key workplace matters such as performance management, difficult conversations, employee relations, and employee development.
- Monitor assigned payroll activities and program components for the purpose of ensuring effective department functioning, coordinating activities, and compliance with established financial, legal, and administrative requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be expected to use all professional skill, diligence and care necessary to ensure that the Services are provided and completed to the reasonable satisfaction of the First Nation. And within the spirit and respect of the 7 Grandfather teachings.
- High School Diploma or a combination of education with knowledge and proven skills can be considered; Certificate or Diploma in Human Resource Management is a asset
- Knowledge of the structure and operations within a Band Office environment and ability to work in a team environment;
- Computer skills is essential
- Understanding of or willing to learn federal and provincial departmental policies and procedures, instructions and guidelines
- Ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means including at meetings, completing reports /letters/presentations either written or orally.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Attention: Barb Hambleton
Big Grassy River First Nation
414 Anishinabe Way,
Morson, ON P0W 1J0
Email to: email@example.com
This position is full time with a 6-month probationary period.
Confederation College is offering an Personal Support Worker Accelerated Program this spring and summer. The new program will enable workers to complete the program in just six months with NO tuition fee, alongside funding support for expenses such as textbooks, and a paid work placement.
For more information, click on the link below.
People can now apply for Status Cards at the Big Grassy River First Nation Band Office – 403 Anishinabe Way.
Daryl Archie is the Interim Membership Administrator until a new person is hired.
Please call ahead: (807)488-5614 Ext: 1002
Bring two (2) pieces of Identification.
For non-BGRFN members bring a Letter of Authorization from your First Nation.
Health Awareness Support
Granite Recovery Centers
Mental Health HELP
*Please click on the links below for help.