Big Grassy Internal Employment Posting
Big Grassy First Nation is seeking applications for the position of Education Counsellor. The Education Counsellor is under the supervision of the First Nation’s Band Manager and located within the premises of the Esiniiwab Health Center, 509 Beach Road, Big Grassy F.N.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
- Management of the Post-Secondary Student Support Program – sponsorship program that provides funding to eligible members of the First Nation.
- Refers students to appropriate resources for assistance in the areas of counseling with relation to academics or peer support.
- Works in partnership with the Indigenous Student Counsellor at Rainy River High School for students that are enrolled in their secondary studies.
- Management of the Summer Employment program for the First Nation, which includes accessing funding and supervision for short term employment.
- Supervision duties and responsibilities.
- Community Outreach -an alternative education program for adults.
- Works closely with the Post-Secondary Committee.
- Prepares annual budgets for the programs under the Education Counsellor.
- Ensure compliance in reporting requirements for funding agencies.
- Effective communication skills.
- Fiscal Management and responsibilities.
- Proposal and Report writing program budgeting is an asset.
- Valid Driver’s license – Class G.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma, College level education is an asset..
Please provide a cover letter, resume and references to the attention of Acting Band Manager, Gary Tuesday, also include a letter of authorization for a release to contact references. A full job description is available upon request.
Gary Tuesday, Acting Band Manager
Box 414, 410 Anishinabe Way
Morson, ON P0W 1J0
(F) 807 488 5533 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (DEADLINE June 09, 2017)